Sunday, November 17, 2013

It's getting chill in November...



Returning from Sunday school and mass, I wrote on Aaron's timeline, wishing him a happy birthday. Lately, I've been catching up on my online classes as I enjoy my weekend. Through research, besides the Silversea expeditions, I discovered Travel with WWF. It seems adventurous; what I think life is worth living for. As of yesterday, there's a poem I'd like to share, one that I submitted for English honors that had to have a tragic ending.                                                                                       
Defiant Drusilla
Sometimes with materialistic glee,
one isn't bound to liberty,
to make choices of theirs,
when they are entitled heirs.
 
There on the throne sits an heiress,
and although she sinks in cheerfulness,
her happiness in love was far much less,
when her marriage fell into a loveless mess.
 
Her family thirst for royalty like light of dawn,
that her life was destined to take part as a pawn,
and so away into the woods she ran,
and there she found a caring man.
 
Preferring her new life instead of old,
her audacious moves were disobediently bold,
She ran from everything once precious like gold,
to find new treasures misunderstood if told.
 
The life she found was on a thread,
but so much better than when married,
for if she stayed indulging elegance instead,
someday the king might decide to take her head,
 
Her betrayal has brought revenge,
and only by her husband would she be daggered,
to please him as it was his amends,
to separate her and her other man in different worlds.
 
To his kingdom there he rids of the faithless,
for it was under his law to enforce morals,
but past him would he never guess,
that his wife cursed him with laurels.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment